Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Smummer


Earlier today my wife sent an Internet e-mail with pictures of smart car conversions. You can see the pictures at (http://bored-night.com/index.php/Funny/New-Body-Kits-for-your-Smart-Car.html); although they were probably originated elsewhere.

Hook, line, and sinker, I was duped! After opening the e-mail and looking at the pictures, I probably had a 20 minute discussion, with my cube neighbor, about which “Smart Car Kit” would be the coolest to buy. Without any regard to the fact that it was an Internet e-mail, I immediately assumed the pictures were real and was ready to trade in my car for a smart car and find a conversion kit. Luckily the office smart-ass clued me in that I was being the office dumb-ass and asked if I ever heard of Photoshop.

Since I can't really buy one of these, I decided I would create my own dream smart car, called the "Smummer". It's not the first miniature Hummer on the web, but it's mine. After web searching other miniatured cars, I've discovered there is a lot of this on the web. I hope that the auto industry is looking at this and considering it as a potential market. I can imagine that many people would purchase one if it was cost effective, gasoline efficient, and had some reasonable level of safety for the driver. I certainly would buy one! Driving in the city would not only be fun, but something I would look forward to.

If you are curious how this is done, there are a lot of "how to" tutorials for miniaturizing a car. I'll give "ajrichar" a thank you for his tutorial at (http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/index.php?s=510abb5ac47049ca544158061d5f21f2&showtopic=42533&pid=548188&st=0). It's easy once you know how, and provided you have Photoshop. There are many sites where you can find these pictures. Here are some more pictures of miniatures (http://www.photoshoptalent.com/photoshop-picture/48da6e08ecccc/Evens-smarter-smartcar.html).

No comments: