Thursday, December 31, 2009

At least my fingers don't hurt

I've successfully eased back into a few days of an exercisie regiment, but my muscles are feeling it. Two days ago, my 8 year old daughter was kind enough to help me out by telling me to drop and give her 20, then do 18 sit-ups, participate in a brief run between the kitchen, dining room, living room, and back, and finally end with side stretches and bending down to touch my toes. We then made our way to the Y where I dropped her off in the kid's gym and made my way to the adult's fitness center. Yesterday we eased it a bit by heading to the Y again and taking a casual swim in the indoor pool.

Since it's New Year's Eve, the Y is closing within an hour and I'll have to forego heading back to the gym. (Oh darn the luck! :) ) Anyway, the first few days of my exercising has been successful, not overwelming, and I'm actually not as sore as I could be. The trick will be to find a routine when I head back to work next week and then begin my next quarter on my PhD.

1 comment:

Doc McConnell said...

Congratulations on beginning your new routine! As a word of wisdom for 2010, I've found that exercise is a great way to procrastinate homework, because you really can't even feel guilty afterwards.

Happy New Year!