Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It just goes on and on...

Ok, I’m not here to force my political views and opinions on you, but I do side with the Republican Party. While updating my blogspot profile, and handling miscellaneous systems issues for work tonight, I decided to tune into the 2008 Republican National Convention. Whether you like John McCain and Sarah Palin or not, they are a valid combination for this year’s election. John McCain’s history and experience give me a solid comfort level in his ability to lead our nation, and the more I learn about Sarah Palin, the more I support his decision to have her as his running mate. She’s a tough cookie and also ready to lead. I still need to learn more before I decide my vote, but I’m certainly going to enjoy watching the Republican ticket fight the fight.

What I’m not enjoying, however, is the long and drawn-out Republican nomination process for president. I watched it with morbid curiosity. I realize this is an exciting time for those participating in the national convention, and it is likely a high honor to be the one to cast the votes, but is all the verbiage necessary when casting the votes??? I just don’t understand. The stadium was gutted of spectators by the time the voting was over, and I personally have no special recollection of any verbose announcements about any state before their vote was casted. I guess I’m glad I watched it, but now I’m going to bed wondering why I did.

This is going to be a really interesting election year. I’m excited to see which party wins and more excited that we have finally broken new ground with our candidates. But most of all, I’ll be excited when the excessive talking ends, the next President takes office, and the rubber finally hits the road.

No comments: